Who we are
We are UK Care Team Ltd , a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 11165368 whose registered office is at 8 Grove Court, Leicestershire LE19 1SA. Please contact us using the details below if you have any questions on this statement or the way that we use your information. All references to “us” or “we” throughout this statement are to UK Care Team Limited.
What information we hold about you - Care Clients
We collect personal information whenever you provide it to us. We may also collect information that you provide to any local UK Care Team centre which you deal with.
Where you are a client or a prospective client of a local UK Care Team centre the personal information we collect may include the following:
- Name, address, date of birth and contact details
- Your medical history including current and historic illness, treatment and medication
- Any dietary needs you may have
- Any allergies we need to be aware of
- Name and contact details of authorised persons which you consent for us to contact regarding your care
- Financial information
What information we hold about you - Others
Where you have expressed an interest in receiving news or other information about UK Care Team and the services provided by our network of local UK Care Team centres we will collect the personal information that you provide to us which may include:
- contact details including email address
- details of your enquiry or areas of interest
- any other information that you choose to provide to us
We may also collect anonymised information about your use of our website.
How we use your data
How we use your data will depend on the purpose for which you have provided your data:
- If you make an enquiry we will use your data for the purposes of responding to your enquiry. We will also transfer your data to your local UK Care Team centre who will then use your data to contact you to respond to your enquiry.
- If you register with us to receive news and information about UK Care Team and our businesses we will use your information to add to our mailing lists and keep in touch with you.
- If you become a client of one of our local UK Care Team centres we may also use your data to provide our care services to you and also for the purpose of audits to monitor and ensure compliance with our strict information handling policies, for training purposes and to develop and improve our business.
Who we may share your data with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our agents and service providers;
- the appropriate local UK Care Team centre;
- any relatives, advocates or representatives authorised by you;
- our professional regulators to comply with our audit requirements;
- a third party who acquires our business; and
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- your personal data is encrypted in transit
access to your personal data is limited to authenticated and approved staff While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. We will never send your personal data over the internet other than in an encrypted format.
Reasons we collect and use your personal information
We have a legitimate interest in collecting and using your personal data. Where you are not a client of a local UK Care Team centre our legitimate interests are that we use your personal information in order to respond to any enquiries made by you and to provide you with the information that you have requested. Where you are a client of a local UK Care Team centre we use your personal information to monitor, audit, support and assist the local UK Care Team centre you are dealing with.
In some circumstances we will seek your specific consent for certain identified uses of your personal information, such as where we add your name and contact details to our email marketing databases. We will make it clear when we are seeking your consent for any particular use of your information. Where you do provide any such consent you can withdraw this at any time by letting us know using the contact details below or simply using the unsubscribe options in our emails.
Transfer of data out of the EEA
Information that we collect from you may be transferred to third party service providers working for us who may process that information at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
These destinations may not have the same legal protections for personal information as you enjoy under English law. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement and data protection legislation. When we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- the countries we transfer your personal data to have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- we use contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data similar protection to that which it has in the EEA; or
- where we use providers based in the SU, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which required them to provide similar protection to personal data that applies within the EEA.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
You have rights under data protection laws, in certain circumstances, including to:
- request access to personal information that we may process about you
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information free of charge
- to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you where this is no longer required to be processed by us
- to object to or restrict our processing of some of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should put your request in writing and provide us with enough information to identify you. If we need further information we will let you know. If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information please do contact us. In addition you have a right to bring a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information on the Information Commissioner’s Office and your rights is available at www.ico.org.uk.
Retention of data
We will retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, or for as long as we have your consent to do so where your consent is our legal basis on which we process such data.
Due to the nature of our business we collect a wide range of personal data for a broad range of reasons. As a result, our retention policy differs significantly based on the purposes for which the data was collected and the nature of the data but by way of general guidance we will usually retain your data:
- For a period of 3 months following your last interaction with us where you have made an enquiry
- Until such time as you unsubscribe from any mailing lists that you subscribe to
- For a period of up to 6 years from the date you cease to be a client of a local UK Care Team centre
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you visit this website.
To contact us please use the following details:
The Data Protection Officer,
UK Care Team Limited, 8 Grove Court, Leicestershire LE191SA